Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stop that! That is just silly!

So when we last left our hero he was in the midst of bearing his soul to you.....or at least exposing the parts that wouldn't get him arrested.  In the last post I made a 'Fun Fact' list about me, some things you may have known others you might not have known, but on that list I mentioned music.

For those of you that know me, I have a pretty large music collection...183.55 GB's worth or 32,744 songs that can last for 88 days and 6 hours before anything would have to be repeated (not that anyone is counting.)  I don't care who you are that is a lot of music and if you are telling yourself "that is nothing I've got...." STOP THAT!  You just being a one-upper and nobody likes that (unless you are Mario or playing Contra.)  Besides this is my blog so I get to be the one bragging about things here...that's just how this all works.

So, music.....I has a lot.  A ridiculous amount to be certain.  I also have a love of movies.  I Worked at Blockbuster Video for a bit and for awhile bought just about every movie that I liked when it came available.  That isn't so much of an issue anymore (thank you Netflix, if I were to build a false idol it would be in the shape of your mailing envelope.)  We have, love of music+love of movies=must love musicals right?

NOT SO FAST THERE CHIEF!


I actually do not like musicals....not at all.  They are weird...not natural in my opinion.  I need my movies to be rooted in a little more reality....at least for the universe they take place.

No really, this man holding your flaming heart is more  believable
 than someone singing and dancing to impress a girl. (google search)
 Man plucking another mans heart from his chest (Thank you Temple of Doom)?  I mean it could happen...people have done some pretty effed up things throughout history so why would someone wanting another persons heart bad enough to shout "Kali Ma!" and take your still beating heart from your chest?  And I know what you are thinking/saying "but how is THAT not strange but someone singing and dancing IS strange?"....I know this cause I'm looking in your window (j/k I'm not....right NOW!!  Maybe later though....) Yes, that is believable...within that realm of reality of the movie....just like I didn't have an issue with Dr. Jones surviving a nuclear blast in a lead lined fridge....although I did find it a bit of a stretch that the door actually opened afterwards.  I can distinctly remember many PSA about NEVER playing in old refrigerators because a friend of a friend had gotten locked in on and died this one time.....

Back to the point....Person dancing around and singing about their feelings.....not natural....anywhere.  In movies or real life.  Except for one (and this is where I make my one and only exception,)  'Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory' I freaking love that movie.

No, nothing creepy about this at all
(google search)
How can I have so much hatred for singing and dancing movies except for one?  With such a love for music AND movie's is that kinda like Hitler turning out to have a Jewish cousin?  (too soon for a Nazi reference....I only just met you....)  Mostly because that movie freaking rocks.  The songs actually make you want to sing....except for the one song he sings on the boat ride while tripping on acid....that is still is spooky to this day.  I mean I write the word Oompa Loompa and you are not humming that tune in your head (and if not let me help you "Oompa Loompa, dupity doo, I've got another puzzle for you..."

It takes place in a candy factory.  I mean if you take Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and transplant them to a candy factory and make them confectioners rather than lumberjacks....maybe we'll talk about it, although just for the sake of sanity lumberjacks should NEVER sing and dance....it's one or the other with them, Monty Python had that aspect right.

There isn't a lot of dancing in it...just singing, which while strange is at least slightly more like real life.  I mean the last time I saw someone singing and dancing they were also a transient and half naked, but it's fine if you want to continue to think it's normal.

Pretty much  if it has singing and dancing or if there are big musical numbers.....I have a hard time getting into it.  West Side Story...was alright once 2Pac arrived on the seen, but then shit juts got real yo.  The Sound of Music....if that is what Europe was like during that era, I can kinda see why Germany went Banana's (TWO Nazi References in one post....I might be pushing the limit here...)  Doctor Dolittle...the man talked to animals, if you like that I can find you a guy that does that ALL the time and at the very least SMELLS like an animal too.  Mary Poppins....it boggles my mind to think of all the child neglect and abuse taking place in that movie.

I'm just going to go ahead and blame Musical's for the decline of western society.  It's just easier that way.  I'll be right here listening to my music if you need me.

At least now we know why Batman's voice is so horse...
he's been singing his lungs out, maybe they aren't all bad then...
(amazon.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment